Sunday, April 15, 2012

Clogard






I don't know why I feel the need to post a blog about the toothpaste I am using in Sri Lanka, but it makes me laugh every time I brush my teeth...it's called Clogard. 

Maybe it's the fact that the packaging design is suspiciously similar to Colgate, I mean even the font is the same (well, the english one, not the Sinhala one, obviously). 

Or maybe it's the attempt to find a name that sounds vaguely similar to Colgate (just enough to subconsciously make you think it might be the same thing). Definitely something about the name Clogard which just doesn't sound appealing, but which made me laugh enough to want to buy it. 

Or maybe I've just had too much sun!

Oh, and it tastes of cloves. Mmmm. 

2 comments:

  1. The toothpaste favoured by Dutch Footy Hooligans.

    And.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha..sorry, took me a while to get that one Andy (bit slow as usual).

      Delete